Sunday 15 March 2015

The Travel Bug, Wanderlust… call it what you will but it has infected me.  To some, a drive from Tasmania to Brisbane (involving a ferry crossing of Bass Strait)would be enough travel for quite a spell.  My journey from Tasmania to Brisbane this year will take the scenic route, through southern Western Australia, a visit to my niece& her family in Perth and then to Brisbane.  Some of the beaches along the south coast of WA are as fine a scene as I have ever viewed.  Having sold my campervan, I have packed my trusty 1998 Camry with a whole lot of gear that probably won’t be used.  However, I am sure that my 4-person tent, super comfy self-inflating air mattress,  12V fridge - running from a deep cycle AGM battery & solar panel - camp table, stove and other standard essentials will be! 

On my way out of Tasmania I stopped by my daughter’s farm at Roland for a few days.  It is very pleasant to help out with her four cows, two horses, eight ducks, three chooks and – of course – her lively & friendly German shorthaired pointer/chocolate lab cross.  
The Sheffield Steam Fest was on, a very well run festival with fascinating restored & working steam machines (grandchildren now realise how the steam shovel and steam roller got their names!).  They had other exhibits as well, one super interesting one being C Squadron Tasmanian Lighthorse Brigade.  A couple of days in Launceston with my son and his family, then off to Devonport to catch the Spirit of Tasmania ferry to Melbourne.

This first post doubles as a learning exercise as I want to include photos in the blog and also separate major segments by using pages, so off to learn and to travel!

NB  OK, still some learning to do on photo placement, if I can learn how to place them where I want I'll edit this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment